To register or for more info send email to Char: email@example.com
Dates (all Saturdays) are: Aug. 9 and 23, Sept. 6 and 20, Oct. 4 and 18. There will be one make up class offered if anyone has a conflict with some of these dates.
Cost for each 6 week session is $90.00 for non-members, $75.00 for LOAL members. One make up class is allowed for a missed absence. After successful completion of 2 six week sessions you may elect to attend on a drop-in basis, pay per class.
Click here for Class Description and Content
Time: Beginner class will meet from 9:00-10:00AM and Intermediate/Advanced from 10:15-11:15AM. If the class size is small, we will combine all levels into one class and meet from 10:00-11:15.
Prerequisites: Completion of 6 weeks of advanced basic obedience OR CGC OR equivalent-recall, stay, sit, down, etc. are necessary. Most work is off leash. Initially, a long line will be acceptable as long as you have control around other dogs and people. I allow plenty of space and will also put up ring gate barriers when needed.
Trials and Titling info: Live trials are few and far between at the moment, but Treibball is alive and well worldwide via video and the Internet. While titling is certainly not required to enjoy this sport, there are a couple of video titling options at this time for those who wish to pursue it. Titling by video is now available through Wag-It Games Dog Ball and the World Treibball League– each with their own unique version of the sport, but the fundamentals are the same. I will be happy to facilitate video titling events for anyone in the class that has interest, and we can prepare for these options in class.
Dogs on the Ball, Level 1
Foundations for Creative Training and Sports with Treibball, Tricks and More!
Learn an innovative new sport, have fun discovering your “inner circus dog” and sharpen your training skills in the process! This class is for you…
- If you want to build skills and relationship with your dog in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. Appropriate for dogs of all ages, including retired dogs-modify old skills and learn some new! All activities are low impact.
- If you want to build a foundation for training any dog sport for fun or competition. All of these activities can be applied to any dog activity in your future.
- If you want to learn the fun and versatile sport of Treibball, which combines elements of obedience, distance work, directionals, and the unique skill of ball pushing to a goal.
- If you want to train Tricks for fun, skill building, body awareness and versatility.
- If you are committed to spending some time on a regular basis to work with your dog.
- If you are committed to using correction-free, positive reinforcement training. This is essential for participation in this course, without exception. You will learn how to use shaping, targeting and efficient use of luring in a variety of applications.
Prerequisites-must have one of the following to be eligible for this class:
- Love on a Leash classes: Completion of 2 x 7 week Basic Obedience sessions OR Puppy Preschool followed up with one 7 week Basic Obedience. (Some participation in the Advanced Obedience class is beneficial, but not required) OR
- CGC, Canine Good Citizen training and/or certification, or equivalent OR
- Basic training for other sports or activities such as therapy dog, etc., with instructor permission.
PLEASE NOTE: All dogs must be able to work under control around other dogs in a normal class environment. Only plain buckle collars or properly fitted martingales are allowed, no exceptions.
Schedule and Fees:
- Location and time: Love on a Leash in Harrisonburg VA. Saturdays, scheduled dates are usually twice a month and/or alternating Saturdays. Level 1 class meets 11:30-12:30.
- The next 6 week session dates are: 4/26, 5/3, 5/17, 5/31, 6/14, 6/28.
- Fee for 6 classes is $90.00. Discount for LOAL members, 15%.
- Make up policy for absences: Make up is by attendance at the level 2 class and is limited to one absence only.
To register or for more info, contact Char: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next 5 week session runs Wed. July 10 through Aug. 14 (no class Aug 7th) at Love on a Leash in Harrisonburg VA. Students will learn to apply marker/reward, shaping, and targeting skills as they apply to treibball. Any breed or mix can play this sport. Prerequisites are basic obedience, sports foundation class or equivalent. Dogs must be reliable to work off leash. At this time we have beginner to intermediate students in the class. All are welcome, and you will get personal attention working at your own level. Come join the fun! Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00. Details and class descriptions.
Fees: $75.00/5 weeks. Love on a Leash members, $60.00/5weeks
For registration and more info email Char: email@example.com